Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Huh???

I work with aged (over age 65) and disabled (ages 18-64) adults. The other day I called an 82 year old woman who had applied for a particular service. After introducing myself and briefly explaining the service, I set up a home visit for the following day. After verifying her address, I told her I would look forward to seeing her the next day. As I was getting ready to hang up she asked, " Do you need my phone number too?" I paused for a second and thought, "Huh?" Then I waited for a moment to see if she would catch on to what she had asked me (remember, I called HER). After a brief silence, I realized she didn't have a clue. So, to save her some embarassment, I said, "I think I have your phone number, but give it to me again anyway just to make sure." I still chuckle about it, even as I'm writing this. Thought I would pass it on :-)
Come back now and then and see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

  1. That was way to funny! I got a kick out of the things you go threw daily thank you for sharing them with us~!

    ReplyDelete